After the false start this morning, I made a point to eat extra food all day. When it was time to come home and lift, I simply left the work behind. It has interfered with my life enough this week. Once home, I felt good enough to make today a test day. I did the following:
Walk Home from Work
Cleans: 3x95, 1x115, 1x135, 1x155 (ties PR, hits goal for 3/4 BW Clean)
Chin: 1 rep (hits goal for BW Chin)
Front Squats: 2x95, 1x115, 1x135 (ties PR), 1x155 (PR, hits goal for 3/4 BW Front Squat)
Turkish Get Ups: 3x5/5x12k (hits goal for 3x5/5x12k TGU's)
I got all the goals on video, as well as a number of the other lifts. Items of note:
1. Even though I know I pull my cleans with my arms, I obviously don't know how to stop from doing it.
2. My pressing is weak compared to my pulling, as seen with the failed push press after the clean
3. Flexing my abs helps me finish a chin up
4. I compensate for my weakness in my front squats with strength from my posterior chain. I don't know what is weak, but something definitely is.
5. Turkish Get Ups seem to hit that weak spot
6. 5/5 reps on turkish get ups results in two and a half to three minute sets. They are not fun.
7. 3 sets of 5/5 turkish get ups make for an incredible boring video and a lame goal. I'll finish what I started and hit the other two goals on my list for the TGU's, but after that, I'm sticking to one set of 3/3.
Enough of that, here's the videos. Anyone watching the full turkish get up video has more patience than me:
Power Clean Warm Up
Power Clean PR
Front Squat Warm Up
Front Squat PR
Turkish Get Ups
I will make a point to stretch and sleep a lot this weekend. If I play my cards right, I should be able to reap the benefits of three more heavy upper and lower workouts before the grip contest.