Yesterday evening was the final night of my Sunday bowling league. Much to my surprise, the last place team gets a real cash prize. I left the bowling alley $75 richer, but did not get home until 11pm. That coupled with an early morning CPR recertification left me very tired for this afternoon's workout. The grip contest date does not change though, so I went for it:
Warm Up: 10 Two Arm Swings x 12k, 10/10 One Arm Swings x 12k, 16k
One Arm Press: 5/5 x 16k, 4/4 x 20k, 3/3 x 20k, 4/4 x 20k
Deadlift with Band on Knee: 5 x 50k, 70k; 3 x 90k, 90k
Split Squats: 5/5 x BW, 12k, 12k, 12k
One Arm Row: 5/5 x 16k, 8/8 x 16k, 16k
2 Minute Circuits: Med Ball Squats, Side Bridges, Med Ball Throws, Med Ball Planks
Grippers: 1/1 x T No Set, #1 No Set; 5/5 x #1, #1, #1
Pinch Barbell: 5 x 50lbs, 70lbs
My strength was way off today. I have been coughing all day and felt crummy. I took it easy as a result. Hopefully I will feel better on Wednesday. Tomorrow I will take it easy. Items of note include:
1. My lower back felt interesting on the deadlifts, so I kept my reps low on the final sets.
2. Splits squats are challenging, I have no idea what a good weight is. More than I use I am sure.
3. I focused on screwing my shoulder into the socket on the rows, it did not feel great
4. The conditioning circuits are my attempt at incorporating the stability and mobility focused activity Cosgrove did with us at the fitness conference. I really have no idea what the exact names are of the exercises I was doing. I need to learn the terms for it at some point. For now, it is enough to say they tired me.
5. My grip strength was down today. I think the "Med Ball Planks" did it. What I actually did was go from a push up position on the floor, to one on the med ball, to one on the floor. In addition to shoulder girdle stability, it challenged my hands.