Today's workout was pushed to the afternoon. This week looks like it will be a heavy one for consulting work, which will impact my training times and rest. Here is what I did:
Kettlebell Snatch: 5/5 x 16k, 20k, 24k; 8/8 x 24k, 24k
Front Squat: 5 x 45lbs, 65, 85, 85, 85
Power Clean: 5 x 50k, 50k, 50k; 1 x 55k, 60k, 60k, 60k
Overhead Press: 5 x 45lbs, 65, 75, 75, 75
Conditioning - 1 minute work, 20 seconds rest, done twice
Alternating Lunges, 12k Overhead Lefty
Alternating Lunges, 12k Overhead Righty
Push Up Stability on Medicine Ball
Side Bridges (alternate sides at 30s)
Grippers: 5/5 x T, 1/1 x #1 No Set, 5/5 x #1, BBSA, BBSA (righty) / #1 (lefty)
Block Weights: 5/5 x 25lbs, 27.5lbs, 27.5, 27.5
1. Kettlebell snatches have lost a lot ground from being sick, but are slowly building up.
2. I can feel the previously unused muscles in my right hip firing during front squats. I am not pushing the weight up in order to hang on to that feeling.
3. Power cleans felt good, I still need to learn to do them with proper form.
4. Overhead Press was better than last workout, still waaay down
5. Conditioning work was hard, due to the warm, sunny weather today. I trained in shorts.
6. My left hand is much weaker than the right on grippers. I usually make the reps small to compensate, but it made sense to drop down to the #1 today.
7. I switched from the pinch barbell with a wide grip to block weights. Two handed wide pinching felt like it was going to strain my thumbs, and there are block weights in the medley at the grip contest.
Overall a decent workout. It stretched longer than I expected, but sessions like this on a beautiful spring day are one of the primary benefits of not working full time. I am very happy with my garage gym!