Yesterday I had an interview that went quite well. Unfortunately, it gave me a lot to think about, which caused my sleep to suffer. This morning I decided my workout better be early and focused. I am sure I will gas out by early afternoon. This is what I did:
Warm Up - One Arm Swing: 12/12 x 12k, 16k
Front Squat - 5 x 45lbs, 45, 65, 85, 115 (PR), 115, 115
Power Cleans - 3 x 40k, 40k, 50k, 50k; 10 x 1 x 60k (once per minute)
Overhead Press - 5 x 45lbs, 65, 85, 85, 85
Renegade Rows (feet elevated 11") - 5/5 x 16k, 20k, 20k, 20k
Gripper singles up to missed attempts on BBM, during presses
Pinch Barbell - 5 x Empty, 50lbs, 80, 80, 85
8lb Overhead Lever - 5/5 x 12", 16"; 5/3 x 20"; 5/2 x 20";
6lb Front Lever Hold - 10s @ 10", 12", 14", 16"
1. I increased the front squats to 115. They went even better than I expected. It must have to do with learning to use that muscle in my right hip. A bodyweight front squat may be closer than I thought
2. Power cleans and overhead press were kind of sloppy. I just need practice.
3. Happy to see renegade rows getting heavier. Those sets with the 20k's were hard.
4. My 2 hand pinch keeps going up. I think I hit upon a form tweak that will help me.
5. I held back on the overhead levers lefty. My wrist is not super happy with them.
Overall an excellent workout, especially given my energy levels. I may bike later today.