This morning I woke up early and finished some contract work that is due tomorrow. It left me a little tired, but it also kept my day open to enjoy the holiday. My wife and I saw the new Narnia movie, went to Subway, and got ice cream. Upon returning home, I took a short nap, used the internet, and then hit the garage:
Deadlifts (band for form): 5 x 40k, 60k, 90k, 100k, 100k, 70k (no band)
Renegade Rows (feet elevated 11"): 5/5 x 16k, 20k, 20k, 20k
Overhead Press: 5 x 45, 65, 85lbs; 3 x 95lbs; 5 x 85lbs
Split Squats: 5/5 x 12k, 16k, 16k, 16k
Grippers: A bunch of sets of 5 with the #1 between exercises
Block Deadlifts: 3/3 x 25, 27.5, 30, 30; 3/3 Attempts x 32.5, 32.5
1. I am going to start removing the band from my deadlift warm up sets in addition to the back off set
2. I need to hold renegade rows at the current weight and improve the quality of my movement
3. Same deal with split squats. I need to get consistent with foot placement as well.
4. Overhead press is climbing back up to prior levels at a decent pace. I am pleased.
5. I will increase grippers to the BBSA next, BBM the following week, a max the final week
6. Blocks are still down from PR levels, but should build quickly
7. My final grip workout before the contest will consist of singles on all of the major events
Overall a fine session. The heat took far more out of me than I expected. I need to acclimate fast, because it was only 78 degrees this evening. Summer weather may require my sessions to move into the morning and will provide strong motivation to clean up my diet.